The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the lives of many. During the pandemic, people are isolating themselves, which only increases the stress and anxiety of anyone. The fear of a new disease can be overwhelming and cause people who don’t know what to expect and don’t have people near them to talk about it can lead to a lot of anxiety. People who already suffer from anxiety feel greatly overwhelmed. Older people with weaker immune systems can make them feel a heightened sense of anxiety, and their families feeling incapable of helping them. Children who might watch the news and don’t know what is going on might start to feel as if the world is scary. All the healthcare workers who are exposed and have to take precautions can feel stress if they bring the virus home to their families.
A mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities. It is very common.
Examples of anxiety disorders include panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Include stress that’s out of proportion to the impact of the event, inability to set aside worry, and restlessness.
- Gather accurate information – the more informed you have, it will reduce your anxiety over the matter.
- Establish a brand new routine- most routines have changed due to Covid and making a new one can bring more stability in your life and make you less stressed
- Reached out virtually – reaching out to loved ones can make you feel less isolated, relaxed and reduces your anxiety.
- Take care of your self – practicing self care habits can help you in general
- Be positive – during these hard times, it is good to look at the good in life.
- Exercise- It is very important to stay active during these times. It helps you stay upbeat.
- Revisit your past- Reflect and think about your life before Covid and what would you like it to be after Covid. Sit down and think about what you are grateful for and want more off in the future.
In conclusion, Anxiety makes you focus on the danger in your life and how to face it. For most people that would be Covid, They have to face it. By using the tips below they can eventually reduce their stress and anxiety. People who already suffer from anxiety might have a harder time dealing with Covid. Anxiety during Covid isn’t necessarily a bad thing, anxiety is a natural protection of people’s lives. It triggers the fight or flight response making people find a way to solve their problems or hide away from it. However with the help of understanding the problem the unknown is the first step to conquering it.